Dilemma: The Office Potluck

My team at work loves having potlucks for our staff meetings. I have no problem with this. My problem is with how suddenly they are often announced...leaving me with little or no time to plan, shop, and cook something to contribute. I am swamped catching up from being on vacation, already too busy in the evenings, and haven't even had time to grocery shop for myself this week -- so of course, BAM: POTLUCK.

As is increasingly my habit, I turned to Smitten Kitchen for help and found it in this beautiful salad. Upon first read, I thought the writer's enthusiasm for the salad had to be exaggerated, but now I'm a believer. I tested one bite before putting it away in the fridge for tomorrow, and I'm having a hard time not going back downstairs to tuck into the rest of it! It was so easy to make, and I'm so glad to now know the simple but brilliant quick pickling technique for red onion. Bon appetit!

Comments

Popular Posts