Ode to Butternut Squash


My love affair with butternut squash began late in life...three years ago when I was really starting to cook for myself. It's now one of my favorite things to cook; it's versatile, delicious, and a sure sign of autumn. London is experiencing downright summery weather this week, but in the kitchen I'm trying to usher in the best season. I wanted to share this wonderful butternut squash soup recipe I discovered on Greedy Gourmet, because it's a fantastic and easy basic formula with endless options for flavor directions...You could add curry spices and chickpeas for some protein, then top with a dollop of yogurt, chopped peanuts, and shredded coconut. You could stir in some chopped apples, drizzle with cream, and top with croutons. Or you could spice it up with sweet red chili and a garnish of coriander. So many options! It's also quite a healthy base since it uses stock rather than cream (though I did add a bit of Greek yogurt to thicken it up slightly). Enjoy!

http://www.greedygourmet.com/2009/02/12/simple-butternut-squash-soup/

Comments

CFHeidel said…
I be right over. Keep ushering.
Ginny said…
Hurray! Come on over :-)
JJ said…
Soooooo gooood! And your apple butternut soup was amazing!!! ;D
Isn't it funny how you suddenly become more adventurous once you start cooking for yourself?!

Thanks for the shout-out! :-)

Popular Posts