A Final Few Favorites (For Now)
Tomorrow, it's back to the States for a few weeks to celebrate the holidays with family and friends. To close off this week's little series of "favorites," I leave you with the shortlist of favorite one-liners I've been on the receiving end of over the last four months. Here's to being the stranger within the gates.
- "Hello, you look like you're about to save a tiger's life!" - Charity fundraiser at Charing Cross Station
- "You're getting a Stella? That's a bit of a lad's drink!" - As I was ordering drink for pub quiz. My confidence was shaken, and we lost.
- "What a wonderful gift your country has given us." - Meant, and taken, seriously. Uttered by a sweet English gentleman who thoroughly enjoyed the Alison Krauss concert in November.
- "So, Ginny - What is your direction in life? What is your career path?" - Oh dear.
- "I don't mean to be racist, but I didn't think American girls drink pints." - I had literally just met this woman. A week later, I am still not sure how to respond.