Now My Heart Is Full

(Just indulge me for a moment and allow a cheesy Morrissey title)

I sat in my dark living room this morning, sipping my coffee and watching the changing colors on the horizon hint at the sun's approach.  I realized that I've seen the sun rise and set in quite a few different places this year.  I let my mind wander back over the months and across the globe for a little while... How many wonderful places I have been, things I have seen, people I have met or missed... So many good things have been given to me, entirely undeserved.  Without a doubt, the most frequent thought I've had this year was, "I can't believe I got to do that!"


Here is a roundup of highlights -- lessons, experiences, sights, bites, & sips -- some of the blessings I count at the end of this year.  2011 was hard but 2012 was good, restoring, richer than I could ever have imagined, and I am grateful.

JANUARY
Susan or Lucy
Postcards from the Past
1 Week, 2 Friends, 3 Cities

FEBRUARY
Come on With the Rain, I've a Smile on My Face
Starry Night
Anyone for Tennis?

MARCH
Borough Market & Passionfruit Curd
Pip-pip, cheerio, what-what!

APRIL
The Emperor
In the Hallway, Unfinished

MAY
Sips: Neko's Revenge

JUNE
Bites: Sea Salt Brownie Trifle

JULY
As American as App' Pah Ah l'Mowed

AUGUST
Bites: The Dessert of Champions

SEPTEMBER
In Which I Miss People, Disappoint a Student, and am Monitored by a Dutch Master

OCTOBER
To do: Say no. Bake a cake.

NOVEMBER
Dear Mr. McFeeley
We Just Live Life

DECEMBER
Eat, Drink, & Be Merry


Comments

Ginny what a great blog! May I become a follower?

Have a happy New Year!

~Keith
Ginny said…
Hi Keith, absolutely! Welcome! It's always very humbling and encouraging to hear that people enjoy my little corner of the web. :-) Happy 2013!
Then you officially have a new follower :)

Feel free to follow mine as well!

~Keith

Popular Posts